Wednesday 22 August 2007

Littering

As the blog doesn't seem to be attracting visitors and joining several traffic-exchanges and surfing till I'm blue in the face hasn't helped I've devised a new method of underground advertising for my novel "Martha's Vineyard" visit the link at http://lulu.com/content/607829

I'm calling it "littering". I've produced a small leaflet called "A bookmark for you" with a life affirming message on one side and an advert for the book on the back and anytime I'm in a book shop I simply slide one into the pages of novels I think might appeal to the people I think my novel will appeal to. It is going to take me a long time and it's hard trying not to look suspicious but don't be surprised if you are ever in Waterstones or Borders or W.H.Smiths and a 1/4 size piece of A4, like this falls out of a book you've picked up.

4 comments:

MsCatMinder said...

well done splendid idea , good luck

Anonymous said...

Martha's Vineyard by Neil Griffin is his first novel and I hope it won't be his last. This book is a great read and I would recommend it to anyone. Once I started it I couldn't put it down and I read it really quickly much to my disappointment as its one of those books you don't want to end – a really enjoyable book.
It is full of intrigue and humour throughout, Neil leads you from England to Greece, a transition which really places you "at the scene" feeling you are really there. He describes the places, people and situations very vividly. Martha's Vineyard is also an education in itself, interesting and full of insights about places, people and history and much more.

The characters are fascinating and the way Neil introduces them makes you feel as if you know them all personally; they could be your friends. Neil obviously has a great sense of humour along with great knowledge and a willingness to take takes risks which all add to this brilliant, funny book that keeps you on the edge of your seat.

KC Loomis said...

hey also, there are some really good articles on the web about how to draw attraction to your novel...

get on myspace, facebook, create a website, write articles for other blogs or sites, etc...

Unknown said...

Loved the story, hated the bad punctuation....an English teacher!??? Also hated the over used "speach marks".

Neil, if you write another story (and I sincerely hope you do) please review the final copy before it goes to print!