Sunday 22 July 2007

Blogosphere

Apparently there's such a thing as the blogosphere. I discovered it since I've started to investigate sites that promise to send "targeted traffic to your website","see your traffic explode!" etc. It is true and it does work but in order to gain credits to invite fellow surfers to your blog you have to visit loads of other websites, most of which seem to want you to sign up to schemes that will earn you a fortune by not doing anything. Not many of my fellow surfers are going to be interested in my novel if they are so busy trying to make a mint out of the ether. Make money from leaving your PC on overnight, turn your computer into an atm or advertise to millions on the blogosphere. I can see how it is easy to be seduced into thinking that there is a fortune just waiting for you somewhere in cyberspace but it's not very likely is it? I wonder if it's just a handful of people around the globe clicking on each others websites 24 hours a day.
There are some exceptions; the odd site with wonderful photos or some people who'd been up all night reading the final Harry Potter book and the occasional author in a similar position to my own. I've surfed about four or five hundred sites but only about 3 0r 4 percent of them have been about something other than money.
I did discover something of interest though. Someone offering to take writers on a virtual book tour. They offer to do it for you but it costs an arm and a leg and so I intend to discover how to do it myself for free. Watch this space!

No comments: