Tuesday 3 July 2007

Self correction and word from Greece

Realised with some disappointment that there were three errors in yesterday's posting. I had written "past of the future" instead of "part of the future" which ruined the point I was attempting to make. Bit of a shame as I haven't worked out how to correct stuff that has already been posted, assuming it can be done. The other mistakes were minor but still sloppy. As a consequence I was a bit upset with myself. After all it looks a bit bad if the blog of an aspiring writer has grammatical or spelling howlers in it doesn't it?
I was cheered up however by a text I received from M. who had agreed to read "Martha's Vineyard" while on holiday on the beautiful Greek island of Corfu. Her text read:
"this bk was v v v gud, it contained a clever mixture of intrigue, romance, history n 'whodunnit' I was pulled t it t finish it n thats wot wld make me luk for same author again." As you can imagine this served to raise my spirits somewhat leaving me feeling quite chuffed with myself!
As most of the action in my story takes place in Greece I was delighted that some one had not only read it in one of the places that had inspired it, but also that she had obviously enjoyed it so much. I had consciously written it as a novel that would be ideal for holiday reading and M.'s text has gone some way to endorse this.
Overall the positive outweighed the negative and so I return to my quest to promote my book with renewed vigour and verve. Yin and Yang back in harmony, unless of course, there are some cock-ups in this message that I haven't spotted yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.