Sunday 1 July 2007

Getting started

I suppose for real authenticity I should have started this blog back in December 2006 when I received the first proof copies of my novel, Martha's Vineyard, ordered from Internet Publisher Lulu.com, and distributed them among my friends for correction and comment.
I could alternatively have started when I sent my first submission to a literary agent in February 2007 ( no takers thus far but I'm saving the rejection letters) or when I started my literary chain-mail, ( results a bit disappointing so far) , to launch the corrected, improved, (final?) version available from lulu.com in May 2006.
Instinct tells me that best of all would have been to have started this blog when I returned from a holiday with friends in Stoupa, on the Mani Peninsula on the Greek Mainland, in August 2004 and decided to write a novel set in Greece. It would have been interesting to document the process from the first mark on the page to the struggle to get the finished product actually read and hopefully enjoyed by people, but I didn't and so I am starting now, 1st July 2007, 3 years down the line.
Sunday evening waiting eagerly for the next episode of Rome and having been inspired by the blog of a friend of mine, catcalls13.blogspot.com I have decided that there is no time like the present to give blogging a go.
A documentary record of my struggle to champion my novel and get it noticed in a hostile world. Sounds romantic doesn't it? A battling everyman's quest to fight through the corporate stranglehold on the publishing industry and to get his humble book on the shelves of bookshops everywhere. Actually there's probably a novel in that but I'm already well into writing the next one and so that will have to wait.
So here we are Sunday 1st July 2007 and my marketing my novel blog is born. Hope you will enjoy it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks :)
--
http://www.miriadafilms.ru/ приобрести кино
для сайта marketingmynovel.blogspot.com