Sunday 29 July 2007

Bloody Statcounter!

I'm starting to wish I'd never installed the bloody statcounter! If it is to be believed then all my attempts to attract traffic have been in vain. There are a pitifully small number of visitors these days and those I do get don't seem to stay. I am also concerned that I might be frightening people off by making my blog something of a soapbox, or is there such a thing as a blogbox? Maybe people don't want to be bothered with my rantings about whatever appears to have gotten my "knickers in a twist" on any particular day. Maybe I should try and be more disciplined and restrict my posts to the progress of my attempts to direct people to take an interest in my novel but I'm not sure that would be any better, I'd only go off on another rant about the publishing industry or suchlike.
However all is not lost. As an antidote to my depression about lack of visitors and interest in my perambulations I've entered a bit of spice into the proceedings. I've started up another blog to go into competition with my marketingmynovel site. This one is simply a photographic journey around County Durham, where I live. I've put it out here and I'm going to promote both with the same amount of effort. An experiment in what might interest surfers. The competition between the two will add a little interest to my daily disappointment at reading the bloody statcounter. At least there'll be some competition. The new blog is http://beautifulcountydurham.blogspot.com/ let's see what happens shall we? If there's anybody out there.
Mind you, none of this is getting my second, bloody novel written!

3 comments:

MsCatMinder said...

Chortling at your blog ....and dying to see beautiful Durham but the link is not bloddy working .....not sure whether if you have just created the link it isnt up and running yet . Think its a great idea . I also think visitors come back if you write every day ....
dont give up

Anonymous said...

Having another blog just gives you a SECOND set of problems!

I am from Cape Cod, and I will buy your novel when it is finished. I promise.

Martha's Vineyard a novel said...

Hi Peter,
Thanks for your comments. The second blog is just therapy though, I'm driving around a place I love taking photographs for other people to enjoy. The first novel, however,is already finished and is available from www.lulu.com/content/607829 hope you can check it out. Good luck with your projects,
Neil